This Elbow Grease Treasure Chest is Ready for YOUR VISION!
My esteemed collegue, Monica Ajer, and I are co-listing a pretty remarkable home in the Albany Hills. If you want to check it out, we’ll be holding it open on Sunday August the 24th and August 31st from 2-4.
The address is 855 Washington Avenue in Albany. It has a walk score of 78 and is located in a wonderful Albany Hill neighborhood. From the south facing windows and front deck. You’ll enjoy glorious sunrises over the Berkeley Hills & the South Bay.
This generously proportioned 3 bedroom, 2 bath home is loaded with original details. It has a light-filled sunroom and an updated kitchen with utility room that opens to a large patio on the first level of the deep, terraced yard. The mature, drought resistent landscaping features multiple varieties of cacti and other succulents. Climb the path to the top of the yard and see more breath-taking views.
The asking price is $525,000. MLS #40671300
Sizing Up Your New Housing Needs
Lately I’ve had several buyers who are moving here from out of state (and sometimes out of the country). Many are parents of students who want to find housing for their child as they matriculate at U.C. or another local college. Those folks are going into built-in communities that any college provides: clubs, fraternities, sports, classmates, etc.
Other buyers are the California Dreamers who, having visited the Berkeley area, find that they like the East Bay Style. Now the only question is a matter of tailoring: which East Bay Community will be the best fit?
Here’s where a good local agent can be very useful. I have a several suggestions.
- Go to my What’s Next Homes website. There I’ve provided an overview of many local communities and pictures of some of the available high walkscore homes for sale there.
- Once you’ve found one or two (or three) communities that you like, here is a Community Guide Link that will help.
- When you’ve narrowed your choices down, we can talk about your budget. Based on my knowledge of the local market, I can tell you which community is the best match for your resources.
- And, of course, location to schools, your place of business, and other amenities is an important feature.
- After these things have been considered, we’ll sign you up for REAlert, which will send you photos and information for homes that match your specifications. On those pages are more detailed information about schools, markets, shops, and restaurants within a certain radius of each home, including location maps that will get you oriented.
Whether you’re moving into the East Bay from across the bay or across the ocean, give me a call at 510-527-0174 and let’s get started. I’m delighted to be of help.
For BUYERS I’ll set up an REAlert account that will search the MLS real estate site–using requirements that you provide–for properties that meet your needs. Once found, pictures and details will be delivered directly to your email courtesy of Coldwell Banker!
It’s the best way for you to get a look at first-time-on-the-market properties; and this saves you wasted time and disappointment that happens when you find the perfect home but discover it’s already been sold, a common occurance when using the usual home finding sites like Trulio, Zillow, etc. They are fun to search, but their information is often out of date. Not so with REAlert.
For SELLERS, I’ll help you prepare and market your home for sale that will give it the widest appeal and even international exposure; thus attracting a bevy of buyers and the best chance for multiple offers and competitive bidding. To learn more, go to go to What’s Next Homes.
Or, just give me a call at 510-527-0174.